Wednesday, July 8, 2009

7.8.09 Florence.

i was taken over by all the scarves and ties...it was quite overwhelming

ashlee and i shopping the crazy markets in florence

Today was a much needed free day. We decided to sleep in because we hadn’t gotten a decent nights sleep in quite some time so it felt fabulous having no alarm and knowing we could do whatever we wanted with our time. After rolling out of bed around oh, noon, we got ready and left for our day of shopping around 1:30. We are right down the street from the world’s largest market I swear. It makes Canal Street in New York look like a crap town. The market is full of knock offs, real and very fake Italian leather and every other item you could ever want to own. We did our fair share of wondering trying to find what we wanted. On the list for me was first off getting some Italian ties for the boys in my family. After passing about 700 tie carts I swear, we found the mother of all tie shops. I found a great selection and was so pleased to find them and finally be able to shop for me! I got a sweet scarf from the same tie guy who totally loved us. He wasn’t a very good bargainer and would laugh at our prices we wanted but I enjoyed doing business with him. It was time for Ashlee and I to find purses. We were getting so discouraged because we couldn’t find ones that were cheap enough but super cute. We were about to give up but I remember walking by this purse shop that I had purchased a purse at when I was in Florence before. We found and it was all over at that point. We both fell in love with perfect bags for us and walked away with the best purchases that we had worked so hard to earn. I felt I earned that tailor shoulder bag and am so in love with my purchase. Alright I’ll be honest… I’ve had a bit of buyers remorse but I know I’ll get over that and fall in love with my bag all over again.

finding our perfect bags...we were ever so happy

my amazing dinner of zucchini pizza with the zucchini flower and all

coolest door ever...model shot

we finally found a big canoli! we had been searching so we snagged that goodness up

Dinner rolled around and it was a no brainer that we would eat at the little pizzeria that has the best pizza by the slice. We passed a little market and couldn’t resist buying some fresh fruit for the day since we lack in that area of our diet some days. It is our last night in Florence and I’m super excited to finally see Venice but it is bittersweet, as I have loved Florence and my time here. Firenze will always be a charming and even romantic city to me and will return. Buona notte!

the hotel nizza...a bit sketchy but it did its job i guess

0 comments: