Tuesday, July 7, 2009

7.5.09 Rome.

us and the pope in the background...we have been blessed!

mr. pope himself! still can't believe i saw him

st. peter's sqaure filled with people listening to the pope

eagerly awaiting for he pope to arrive...brady's head is like an oger

sweet swiss guards in their traditional garb

On our free day, our group of 5 decided we better take our once in a lifetime opportunity and go to mass at St. Peter’s Cathedral. Let me tell you it was an incredible experience that I’m glad I had, but would never wish to do it again. It was super hot in there and I had no idea what was going on since I don’t know Italian or Latin and I’m not Catholic. It was really cool to be at the seat of the Catholic church and attending mass and after mass the pope comes out of his window and blesses whoever is in St. Peter’s Square. We waited outside to see him and it was so amazing!!! We heard him speak to us and we totally got blessed, even if we couldn’t understand a word he said we are blessed.

After mass we were pretty beat and decided it was the best time to go and relax by the pool on our last day in Roma. What an incredible time that was! The pool is seriously so sweet and even better with our blue swimming caps that are required to wear in the pool. Its so European with our swimming caps and all. It was just a great day of more once in a lifetime experiences and I have loved our stay here in Rome. It has been my home for 4 beautiful days and for that… Grazie Roma. I will be back!!!

0 comments: