Sunday, July 26, 2009

7.26.09 London.

Finally we had a free Sunday, the first in almost a month. The day began a bit rough though. As I was primping for church, I was fixing my hair and what should I happen upon but my first gray hair!!! Astonished and quite angry, I had to document the moment and am not ok with having a gray hair at the ripe age of 20.

my first gray hair. although the hair is not easy to see, it is there in my hand. not cool.

Our first priority for the day after this traumatic experience was to attend church. Lucky for us there is a singles ward just down the street from us so we were so excited. We were early and were waiting out in the lobby before going in and weirdly, there were people from Centerville there that knew Brady. How small this world really is it freaks me out. Once we sat down, we were privileged to listen to the choir practicing and I knew immediately that I was going to love today. The meeting started and we were pleasantly surprised to find out that Elder Zabrowski from the quorum of the 70 was there and would speak later. Boy was I glad to be back at church and I had forgotten how much I love it. The choir sang two beautiful numbers and I was surprised to find out that the whole church celebrates Pioneer day, not just in Utah.



the britannia singles ward was ever so kind to us.

Sunday school was equally as good as sacrament meeting and I felt more entertained the whole day because everything was in a British accent. There were a lot of people from Utah and it was so weird to be in London and having people know where Bountiful and Logan, Utah are. Our Sunday school teacher was quite the bubbly character and said flippin a lot which made me laugh. In the end, we were rewarded with a beautiful Bounty bar. Why is the chocolate here so much better than in the states? I will never know but it is just so much better. Church was a successful outing and we’ll get to repeat it next week as well.

the fab 5 at church. we all color coordinate and we love it.

Church ended at 5:30 so dinner was needed. Ashlee is an insanely good cook and decided to make chicken parmigiana for us. We all pitched in to help and after slightly burning to a crisp the breadcrumbs with the turbo oven, we ended up with a most fabulous meal. It was the first home-cooked meal I have had in a long time and as I sit here, I am stuffed to the rafters and lovin it. What I am not loving is time. I saw the date to be July 26th. What happened to July? What happened to this trip and how did it just slip from my fingers? I will enjoy these last 10 days I have to the fullest don’t you fret.

cooking our most amazing meal.

table prior to eating.

the food. SOO good.

as you can tell from our faces, the food was enjoyed by all.


0 comments: