Tuesday, August 4, 2009

8.4.09 Country recaps.

ITALY.

Italy is…everything perfect.
bellissimo.
suave.
poised.
sophistication.
delicious.
generous.
old and new.
past and present.
inspiring.

Italy was kind, selfless, and all beauty. She shared her culture, friends, classiness, architecture, and cuisine freely, no questions asked. Italia was my dreams made in reality, influenced my design eye, and left me complete and gratified. Grazie Italia. I’ll be back to your flawless streets soon. Ciao bella until then…

FRANCE.

France is…not Italy.
It is city life.
prissy.
refined.
self-seeking.
posh.
palatial.

France was no friend of mine, but she brought modern design to me. It prompted growth in the present and required me to be open in mind, perspective, and interpretation. France was fresh and forward and sky-high. I was impacted through design, but unaltered by my surroundings. France came and went and buffered the transition of Roman ways to modern London days. Merci France for round two, but I fear we are through. Au revoir…


ENGLAND.

England is…countryside and city.
brilliant.
polished.
luscious.
scrumptious.
estates.
hedges.
rainy.
underground.

England was equal parts city and country. She brought train rides and bus rides and more train rides and bus rides. Gardens and hedges filled everyday and palaces line my memories. England brought clotted cream and dainty cupcakes and an entirely new vocabulary. From the beautiful language and contrasting environments, England was unique in its own right and she appreciated the modern taste I am so fond of. Cheers England and your nearly American manner. It’s off to my America now.

0 comments: