Monday, August 3, 2009

8.3.09 London.

the hummingbird. could ya be more cute?

window display.

It was a very late night so sleeping in until noon didn’t seem too harmful. Lindsey, Kaitlyn, and Brady went with a few others from the group to an amusement park in London, but that just wasn’t me and Ashlee’s thing. We took the morning slow and packed a bit and then hit the town. We went to the Hummingbird, the world’s cutest little cupcake shop down the street. I have never tasted red velvet before but it just seemed like the classy cupcake flavor, so I got it. Best decision I’ve made. It was so good and the frosting even better. We sat outside, eating our cupcakes with silver forks watching the world of South Kensington around us.

red velvet cupcake. where have you been my whole life?

ashlee was so excited to take her first bite of adorable goodness.

beautiful.

our first bite.

and finished...

Once the cupcakes were gone, it was off to visit the infamous Harrods. We knew full well with shops such as Chanel, Prada, Louis Vuitton, and Gucci we wouldn’t be buying anything, but we had to experience it. That place is huge let me just tell you and it felt more like a museum then a shopping experience. As we were walking through Prada, a steezy man that worked there walked by us and openly scoffed in our faces. He just laughed and laughed knowing full well us underdressed Americans couldn’t afford what we were looking at. I found it quite rude but totally funny.

the infamous harrods. bigger than i ever could have imagined. it put the macy's in nyc to shame.

We found the gift shop and any store that has its own gift shop is a big deal. We made our purchases there and headed to another grocery store to see if we could find some chocolate and treats for our families. We were successful in finding what we needed except I was unable to find the wanted Harry Potter candy I’ve been searching for this whole time in London. I asked a guy that worked there if they had any HP candy and after leading me to the electronics and fiction novels aisle, he promptly told me they didn’t have any. I was slightly confused why he had led me to that aisle but after searching on our own, it was nowhere to be found, sadly. We just headed back to the flat to finish up our last few sketches and chilled for the remainder of the night.

0 comments: