Monday, August 3, 2009

8.2.09 London.

headed to the church. who took the picture you might ask? yup. self-timed again. we have skillz.

Round two of church and I could not have been more excited about attending. We decided to go to the earlier ward, which is a family ward and it was so great to see that no matter where you are in the world the church is the same. Families were coming in late and the kids were rambunctious. There were some very interesting testimonies and one that takes the cake for sure. A man stood up who was from the Czech Republic and was apparently speaking English, yet none of us could understand him until the very end, and I am so glad I was able to witness this. He said, “I’m going through an economic crisis right now, so if you could give the Bishop food or money for me that would be great,” and he sat down. The Bishop’s face was priceless and we all got a good laugh out of that.

the feast. SO good.

heaping plate round one. i had a few more.

we are as tired and pathetic as we look. please excuse my body as it protrudes out of the picture.

After church we were burned out and took a wonderful 3 hour nap to revive us. It was time to start making dinner and again, Ashlee didn’t fail us. On today’s menu: chicken with bow tie pasta and pesto sauce, an assortment of vegetables, and cheesy potatoes. YUM! I haven’t been that full in a long time and it was soooo delicious. Thank you Ashlee for feeding us so well! The rest of the night was open to what we do every night – sketch, blog, and lounge. I know it sounds so uneventful and boring, but it is about all we feel like doing after each day and my bed is always so welcoming.

0 comments: